Sponsor a Student
Sponsoring a student’s higher education is one of the most exciting and tangible ways to support the youth and communities of the Patacancha River Valley.
We are currently looking for Student Sponsors for five of our students. Check out their profiles here.
The youth from these rural communities are at a crossroad. Eager to break away from the cycle of poverty, they require further education to compete in the local economy and have a say in their communities’ future. Unfortunately, few students have the means to study beyond high school.
The Andean Youth Program seeks to address this issue by sponsoring the post-secondary education of promising students who demonstrate financial need, a commitment to their studies and a desire to help others. In addition, the Andean Youth Program provides leadership programming to empower our students to become responsible, motivated, and culturally aware change agents for their communities. Learn more about the Andean Youth Program here.
Our students pursue careers ranging from accounting and computer sciences to tourism and culinary arts to become valuable, leading members of their communities.
Upon graduation, our students begin to engage in these professional careers that, without the support of Mosqoy and our Student Sponsors, would have likely remained unavailable to them. In exchanged for this opportunity, once the students’ careers are established, they are encouraged to provide a substantial contribution to AYP by volunteering their time, skills, or financial support. Our hope is to create more leaders and to establish a chain of reciprocity for communities to develop sustainably.
Yes! I’d like to sponsor a student
What does a Sponsorship Cover?
- Tuition fees. Mosqoy students study at technical institutes or at the national university in Cusco, the nearest urban centre.
- Leadership and professional development workshops designed to enhance formal learning
- Housing costs. One of the greatest challenges in pursuing higher education is the cost of accommodation in Cusco. Mosqoy rents a large hours for the students to share as a family.
- Resident Advising. As our students are living away from their families and in a city for the first time, resident advising is particularly important for safety and supervision. The Resident Adviser also serves to support our students during this exciting and challenging transition time.
How much is a Sponsorship?
The cost of a full sponsorship depends on the student’s institute, as well as, their field of study. Most sponsorships are between $3,000-$3,500. Partial student sponsorships start at $500 and go up to $1000, $1,500 or the full sponsorship amount. We hope student sponsors will commit to supporting their student throughout their education, which is typically 3 years. If you are unable to commit to sponsorship at this time, buy you are interested in supporting the Andean Youth Program, we appreciate donations of any amount at any time. To donate, click here.
What you can expect as a Student Sponsor:
As a sponsor you get the chance to get to know your student personally through mail and email and witness the immense impact you have on his or her life! We will keep you up to date through:
- Updates and letters from your student twice per year.
- Class program updates twice per year.
- Mosqoy newsletters.
- Invitations to Mosqoy events, such as our Annual Gala and textile fairs.
- Prompt replies to any questions or concerns about the Mosqoy Program.
- Our unending gratitude and appreciation for your support of the Mosqoy students!
Payment can be made through Paypal or by cheque.
For either payment method please indicate “Student Sponsorship” and the name of the student you would like to sponsor for our records.
Or contact us for other payment options.
Cheques can be addressed to:
620 View St. #306
Victoria, BC, Canada
For more information on sponsoring a student, please contact Cara Clatanoff, Andean Youth Program Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org